This project is read-only.

how to determine wavelet coefficient at specified frequency band

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

set of five features was used to characterize the a signal.

They were computed from the Wavelet coefficients generated by discrete Wavelet transform.

A four-level Wavelet packet decomposition (with Daubechies3 Wavelet)was used to compute the features in the five frequency bands considered:

dWT = [0; 4] Hz;

uWT = [4; 8] Hz;

aWT = [8; 12] Hz;

sWT = [12; 16] Hz;

bWT = [16; 32] Hz.

The information contained in the selected arrays of Wavelet coefficients is characterized by the quadratic meanvalue (root mean square value, RMS) of the coefficients:RMSFB

please  help me how to implement this by wavelestudio

tnx

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM

please help!

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Hi alizade_behruz.

Sorry but the waveletsudio library does not currently support Wavelet Packet Decomposition, only DWT.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hi

tnx your attention

based my background and graduation in computer software 

I have no idea in how to calculate coefficients from DWT output of if it possible

so my appeal is that anybody help me by the algorithm or sudocode of this calculation 

best regards

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hi again alizade_behruz,

Exactly what are you trying to do?  Could you explain more your project?

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Hi

tnx your response

As my thesis I work on Sleep staging and my idea is to implement a neural network by features taked from time and frequency domain

there are six EEG(ElectroEncephaloGram) signal that must be analysed at some frequency band

after decomposed by wavelet db3 ,level 4 at freq ranges 0-4,4-8,8-12,12-16 and 16-32, wavelet coefficients of each signal are entered a statistic phase and......

since I have never used Matlab 

my problem is how to get wavelet coefficient of a signal by wavelet decomposition daubechies3 and 4 level at above ranges